There are an estimated
at breeding facilities in Iowa.
What happens when these 15,000 dogs retire?
The choices are few.
- KEEP THE DOG
- KILL THE DOG
- GIVE THE DOG AWAY
Second Chance Dog Rescue offers the dogs a cage free environment to retire from their working life and transition to becoming companions.
We go to the breeding facility. The dogs are loaded in our van. No dog is turned away regardless of condition or age.
We offer the dogs
- Medical care to get to the best possible physical condition
- Monthly grooming so they can look and feel great
- Socialization and training to help with their life transition
- Opportunity to live as a dog pack, free of closed cages
- Love and patience as we search for their new home
Second Chance Dog Rescue, with your help, has assisted
approximately 1500 dogs on their adventures to new homes.
We could not have done this without your help.
Thank you to those that have supported these dogs.
We invite others to join us and also help these sometimes "forgotten" dogs.
You can get involved by
- Being a temporary home
- Volunteering at the rescue
- Providing items from our wish list
- Making a donation
- Sharing our mission of unconditional love and care.
Your kindness and your love has made a difference.